Sunday, August 31, 2008

Kitchen Complete!

Jamey has owned our house for about three years now. It is a very traditional brick home that was built in the seventies. He bought it with the thoughts of fixing it up over time. Just like most men, Jamey was waiting on a woman's touch...that's where I come in. It only took us about two weeks to redo everything. Jamey and his Father (James) did most of the work so instant sweat equity in our home! Below are the before and after photos. The cabinets look cream or even yellow in the photos but they are actually a light brown and antiqued. As you can see the old kitchen was dark and drab. The new kitchen has all updated stainless steel appliances, giallo ornamental granite counter tops, "antique look" backsplash, new seamless stainless steel sink and pullout faucet, and new window treatments. It's not complete just yet...I am still looking for wall decor. If you and your family are thinking about remodeling your kitchen, beware! Jamey was cooking hotdogs in the microwave (on the floor) for dinner several nights. I love my new kitchen!

1 comments:

Emily said...

Looks great!! I'm sure you are enjoying the new kitchen...whenever you are ready to come work for me you let me know...i can see you have some of the design genes:)(as opposed to designer jeans..ha ha!!)